Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Problem getting a connection with SQLXL 515 (Read 4777 times)
bosb00
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Problem getting a connection with SQLXL 515
09.07.13 at 16:00:24

I received a new laptop with windows 7 and office 2013.  I installed SQLXL 5.1.5 which is the version that is listed on the website for Office 2013.  I setup Oracle 10g successfully and was able to connect to my database successfully using SQL plus.  I was even able to pull data using SQL plus as a test.  When trying to use SQLXL to setup a connection using OLE or the ODBC I get a error that reads [Microsoft][odbc driver for Oracle][oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use SQLXL on a daily basis that make my life a lot easier.  I'm not sure what else to try as IT said that Oracle is working properly on the machine so their hands are tied at this point.

sqlxl_error.png (attachment deleted)  

IP Logged
bosb00
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: Problem getting a connection with SQLXL 515
Reply #1 - 22.07.13 at 20:51:03

I upgraded my oracle from 10G to 11G R2 and now I can connect using 0040.  The MSDASQL does not work for some reason with the ODBC 32 bit.  The problem I am now encountering is when I log in to a database using the connect button and I want to disconnect and change databases the disconnet button does not work.  The only way to disconnet is to completely close down excel and reopen it.  I use multple databases on different servers so this is a big deal.  Do you know a fix for this?  The next problem I'm encountering is I have the default format turned on but the query's return the data with no format.  Do you know a fix for this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as our company is getting ready to roll out windows 7 and we use this software on a daily basis and need to get the bugs worked out.

Windows version = Windows 7 Profesional 64 bit
Oracle version = Oracle 11G 32 bit
Office version = Excel 2013 32 bit

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 26.07.13 at 14:41:12

Is the connect button also disabled after you disconnect? It should be possible to connect again.

All errors are logged in the events log. Perhaps you can scan for logs when you unsuccessfully disconnect. I'd be interested.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
bosb00
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #3 - 16.08.13 at 20:03:06

The disconnect and connect button is there and lets you push it but nothing happens after you have logged in the first time and you try and log back out.  I don't see an error log but I can check again on Monday.

IP Logged
bosb00
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #4 - 19.08.13 at 19:21:20

I have attached the st6unst.log from the sqlxl folder.  Its the only log that I see in the install folder.
st6unst.xls (attachment deleted)  

IP Logged
Pages: 1