Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Hiding Excel formulas (Read 3935 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Hiding Excel formulas
14.02.11 at 13:46:07

Hiding Excel formulas

Quote:
Does your product work on hiding formulas? I have several excel sheets that I want to distribute but want to hide the
formulas from the users. Does your product do this and if it does, what are the steps to do this??

ExcelLock does this.  

ExcelLock protects your document by hiding all formulas and securing the whole spreadsheet with passwords and encryption. This is something you do. It produces a copy of your spreadsheet that can no longer be opened directly in Excel.  

Your customers can download a free utility called ExcelLockViewer. Using this viewer program your locked spreadsheet can be opened and using a key token you send them they can view the file. Excel is still used to show the file but it is temporarily stripped of all toolbars and menus. Excel will still calculate all formulas but apart from what you allowed as changes by unprotecting cells they cannot alter the file. Copy and paste will not show the formulas. Unprotecting does not work.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Jewel Jubic
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: Hiding Excel formulas
Reply #1 - 09.07.11 at 12:01:20

The use of Excel in this manner is really good and secure one...

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1