Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Template Excel insert workbooks. (Read 2070 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Template Excel insert workbooks.
22.12.10 at 13:52:31

Template Excel insert workbooks.

Quote:
I need to know if it is possible to save the Table Name and column definitions permanently in a spreadsheet. I want the users to be be able to insert data in a table but I don't want them to have to remember which table and columns.

Also, can I save this for two tables, a header table and single row as well as a detail table and multiple rows from the same workbook?

Yes, of course you can.

You can make a workbook that can act as a template. Actually there is a trick to prevent entering the column names the first time. Just do a select on that table returning a few rows so SQL*XL builds up a table that can contain the data for the insert process later. Just remove the returned rows!

You can make a template for as many tables as you like in the workbook.  

If you want to give some better service to your users you can use the SQL*XL API to run the insert process. That way you have full control over the column names, table name and where the data is retrieved from. You can do all this by just macro recording a multiple rows insert in SQL*XL. Just try it!

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1