Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Outlook2Excel: need to press question mark to view (Read 1830 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Outlook2Excel: need to press question mark to view
21.09.10 at 09:28:48

Outlook2Excel: need to press question mark to view email body

Quote:
Hi I am using a trial version of Outlook2Excel, I am exteracting emails into Excel 2007.  The problem is that the main body of the email (which is the bit I want) gets put intyo one box on the excel spreadsheet, with a question mark on it, i then have to double click on that cell to see the information.  The cells contain phone numbers, and I have about 10,000 to process, so I need this information displayed in the cell rather than being hidden.  Is this possible with Outlook2Excel?

In Excel 2007 the question mark is displayed where a carriage return/linefeed was encountered. When the formatting of the cell is set to apply wordwrapping then at the question mark a linefeed is given by Excel and hence the information is shifted to a line below the visible first line.  
As a workaround I suggest you select the column in which the email bodies are shown and that you apply the formatting manually. Right click, select format cells. In alignment you can set the wordwrap property off.

I have applied this small enhancement to Outlook2Excel so this is automatically done.

« Last Edit: 21.09.10 at 10:43:10 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1