Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library (Read 8403 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library
18.08.10 at 08:00:35

Error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

Quote:
Trying to connect to Oracle using the OO4O driver the following error message appeared:

Titel: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library
Assertion failed!

Program:...gram Files\Microsoft Office\office12\EXCEL.EXE
File: scr\include\ociwrap.h
Line: 126

Expression: OCIEnvCreate(&m_hOCIEnv, mode, (dvoid *)0, 0 0, 0, (size_t) 0, (dvoid) **)0) == OCI_SUCCESS

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

SQL*XL then reports the following error:
Oracle Connection Error received:
Message 8201 not found; No message file for product=OO4O, facility=OIP, Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154

Clearly this indicates that an error has occurred. It occurred in an Oracle software component called OO4O: Oracle Objects for OLE. It is one of the connection methods/drivers/providers to connect to Oracle. To my opinion it looks like this installation was corrupted in some way.

I advice to use another connection instead. Please try one of the available OLEDB connections/providers. It will likely solve your problem.

If the problem now is that SQL*XL completely disappeared from the Excel ribbon toolbar please read the following topic for advice how to recover from that. After an Excel crash, addins may be disabled.

See also:
My SQLXL link diappeared after killing Excel  
http://www.oraxcel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1282109476/0#0

« Last Edit: 18.08.10 at 08:04:32 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1