Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
No SQL*XL Excel ribbon (Read 8212 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

No SQL*XL Excel ribbon
14.06.10 at 09:03:37

No SQL*XL Excel ribbon
Quote:

I wondered if you could advise me on an issue I have with SQL XL in excel 2007 please?

Basically it is installed and working fine, however I do not have the drop down options in the Excel Ribbon. I can't seem to find how this is added.

The SQL*XL ribbon is defined in the file litsqlxlribbon.dll. Perhaps the dll was not correctly registered on your computer?

Please find the file and run the command: regsvr32 litsqlxlribbon.dll to register it into the registry.

Quote:
Just to say thank you, this is now working.

See also:
My SQLXL link diappeared after killing Excel  
http://www.oraxcel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1282109476/0#0

« Last Edit: 18.08.10 at 07:33:33 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
jmatt
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: No SQL*XL Excel ribbon
Reply #1 - 08.09.10 at 21:26:50

I tried running regedit litsqlxlribbon.dll and get the error "cannot import litsqlxlribbon.dll: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

I am in a corporate environment and need someone with admin rights to do the install.  I also am running Bloomberg addins in my current Excel 2007.  So not sure what the issue is.  Any ideas?

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: No SQL*XL Excel ribbon
Reply #2 - 08.09.10 at 22:00:17

Hi,  
It is likely due to privileges. It is best to run the regsvr command from a dos prompt started with admin privileges. In windows 7 you can type cmd in the search box and then by right clicking the .exe you can run it as administrator.

If you are in a corporate environment, probably your best bet it to ask your IT department to take care of this for you.  

Please note that the addin does not work yet in a 64bits version of Office 2010. We are working on it... Note that Office 2010 32bits works ok even on Windows 64 bits.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1