Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
SQLXL with Office 2010 x64 (Read 6628 times)
glennes
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

SQLXL with Office 2010 x64
02.05.10 at 22:26:50

Gerrit...
I'm not having any luck getting the SQLXL install to work with Office 2010 Professional Plus x64 Excel.
I've tried it on two different 64 bit machines running Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise x64.
I get a "WinAPI" error.
Will SQLXL work with the x64 version of Office 2010 Excel? If so, how do I get past the WinAPI error. If not, will you be providing this compaibility in a new release of SQLXL?

glenn_91@msn.com

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: SQLXL with Office 2010 x64
Reply #1 - 03.05.10 at 11:52:27

Hi,

I have had comfirmed reports that SQL*XL works fine on 64bits machines. I have seen no error report from you about this WinAPI issue you quote. Please can you send in the error report so I know what is failing? Again, to my knowledge SQL*XL runs fine on both 2010, windows 7 and 64 bits.

Or is it just the installer that is failing? In that case you will not have been given the opportunity to send in the error automatically. Please provide further information.

« Last Edit: 03.05.10 at 11:53:27 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
glennes
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #2 - 03.05.10 at 13:13:16

You might have misunderstood my question...
SQLXL works fine on 64 bit machines running Windows 7 x64 edition.

What I was asking refers to running Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus RTM - the 64-bit version of OFFICE, not the 64 bit edition of WINDOWS 7.
Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus - the 32-bit version of OFFICE runs fine on the Windows 7 64- bit OS - but the 64-bit version of OFFICE 2010 returns the WinAPI error.

What I'm asking is if SQLXL is known to be compatible with the 64-bit version of OFFICE 2010.

If it is known that SQLXL does work with the 64-bit version OFFICE 2010 RTM, then I need to know why I get the WinAPI error.  If SQLXL is not yet compatible with the 64-bit version of OFFICE 2010 RTM, then do you have a plan to provide that capability in the next update of SQLXL?

Sorry if my original question was unclear.

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 03.05.10 at 15:24:34

Ok, I understand you have seen a problem when running SQL*XL on 64 bits Office 2010 Professional plus RTM. The WinAPI error you refer to will have contained the information I need to investigate the problem.  

Would it be possible for you to send the details of the problem to me? If correct an automated error reporting system should have kicked in that you can use to send the problem to me.  

The error will have also been written to the event log.

I strive for compatibility with 64 bits Windows and Office.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
glennes
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #4 - 03.05.10 at 17:00:08

Unfortunately, I've already uninstalled Office 2010 x64 and re-installed Office 2010 x86, which seems to work OK...I don't get the WinAPI error.  When I install Office 2010 x64 again on a Windows 7 x64 machine, I'll screenprint the error and send it to you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1