Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Data source name not found and no default driver (Read 5021 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Data source name not found and no default driver
16.04.10 at 12:07:19

Data source name not found and no default driver specified. MySQL

Quote:
New trial install but it wont connect to MySQL server.  Fail message suggests " Error Number -2147467259"  "  Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

The MySQL server is on the same device and is working (I am the admin for the device and databases). Remote connection also fails with the same message (fails immediately, 8 lines all the same except for the connection string.)

I successfully connect to other databases = MSSQL and local file based sources (XLS and CSV)

SQL*XL tries a set of 'common' connection strings or configurations. Sometimes people have a setup where these don't work. Then manually a connection should be attempted to be made. I suggest the user the use the datalink properties wizard or the odbc configuration tool. Both are available in the new connections screen. In these screens you find more options that you can try.  

You can also configure a so called DSN in the ODBC configuration panel. A link is provided from the ODBC screen in SQL*XL.

« Last Edit: 16.04.10 at 12:08:13 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1