Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Encrypted documents (Read 1544 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Encrypted documents
28.03.10 at 12:19:56

Encrypted documents

Quote:
Something has happened to all of all my files saved on my PC in My Documents. All of them (word, excel, pics, ppt's, etc) appear to be encrypted and unreadable. Your website is the first that I have found showing similar characters (yyyyyy with the double dots). Is there a program or programmer I can buy/pay to un-encrypt my files?

I wonder whether you encrypted your MyDocuments folder. On the below mentioned Microsoft page I found this 'recipe' to unencrypt the files.

To decrypt a folder:

1. Right-click the folder that you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced.
  3. Click to clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box to decrypt the data.
  4. Click OK to close the Advanced Attributes dialog box.
  5. Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
  6. If the folder has files in it, the Confirm Attribute Changes dialog box appears. You can choose to decrypt only the folder. However, this will not decrypt any files currently contained in the folder.

Source:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223316

« Last Edit: 28.03.10 at 12:22:29 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1