Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Inserting data into an IDENTITY field (Read 2207 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Inserting data into an IDENTITY field
18.02.10 at 13:15:01

Inserting data into an IDENTITY field

Quote:
I'm trying to perform a single row insert into an existing table, but SQL*XL doesn't seem to be able to handle an IDENTITY field. When I click on the toolbar icon and select the target table, SQL*XL creates a new worksheet with *all* fields for me to fill in, including the primary key field which is 'NOT NULL' (it is defined as an IDENTITY field). SQL*XL prevents me from inserting the record, regardless if I ignore the key field, enter NULL, or try a valid key datatype. In reality, SQL*XL shouldn't require me to fill in that value, and/or shouldn't bring it into the data entry sheet at all.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have meanwhile made a fix for the single row insert that now enables inserts into tables that have an identity column.

The easiest way to insert into tables is the multiple rows insert screen. Although you only want to insert one row it may be the easiest function to use. Just omit the identity column (or any auto generated column) from the columns that you insert there.

The fix for the single row insert feature will be released as SLQ*XL 4.3.22. See the release log for further details.

« Last Edit: 18.02.10 at 13:18:45 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1