Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
SQL*XL clears too many cells when requerying (Read 1763 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

SQL*XL clears too many cells when requerying
04.01.10 at 22:06:03

SQL*XL clears too many cells when requerying

Quote:
What I don’t understand is when I rerun my query SQL*XL deletes the contents of the cells below the table that is retrieved.

This causes a major problem because some of these cells contain sql for other queries.

Do you know why these cells are being deleted ?

First, it is dangerous to have information below a table that you requery unless you explicitly limit the number of rows you retrieve (in Oracle e.g. by adding to thw where clause: where rownum <= 100). I would prefer you do your sums at the top and query the details below.

SQL*XL will blank the area it thinks is filled with old data. It uses a technique that can be emulated with the following keys:
Select the top left cell of the queried data. Then hold the shift+ctrl key and press the right arrow key and the down key. That range of cells will be blanked. If that contains cells below the table SQL*XL created try to completely clear the empty cells below the table but above your formulas. Doing the same key trick again will show you that it will stop just above the cells you cleared.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1