Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Installation on a SOE workstation (Read 1842 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Installation on a SOE workstation
17.12.09 at 16:37:32

Installation on a SOE workstation

Quote:
Will the software installation change anything on Excel. My worry is that Excel is part of an SOE installation on all workstations at the company. Can I have the software installed just for me on my workstation?

It should be posible yes. In a managed operation environment it should be possible to make SQL*XL available to one user and not to another. The installer will deploy a set of dlls. The dlls do not interfere with other software so it can be deployed to systems but not be used. All dll's have a clear name to indicate they belong to SQL*XL.
To install the software in Excel you need to load the sqlxl.xla file once in Excel. That will register the toolbars and menus. When using Excel 2007 a little more care should be taken. One dll should not be registered in the registry on workstations where the software should not be active. The dll can reside on the machine but it should not be registered in the registry. You can always unregister and the software will disappear from Excel 2007. The dll is: litsqlxlribbon.dll.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1