Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Overflow trying to convert varchar to numeric (Read 1900 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Overflow trying to convert varchar to numeric
14.09.09 at 11:22:54

Overflow trying to convert varchar to numeric

Quote:
I am in evaluation time for your product and it seems it is perfect for the needs of my company. However I can not make the SQL functions work for my workbooks.

Basically I'm trying to retrieve columns in a table referencing them to the unique key I have listed in my excel, kind of SELECT COST FROM ARTICULO WHERE ARTICULO.CODART= cell A3...
and getting all sorts of not very funny messages specially the one about overflow trying to convert varchar to numeric. This articulo.codart is varchar15 in SQL and shows like text format 40000.000 in EXCEL.

Please help. I need to get this right. My plan is to link a workbook to our SQL databases where the ERP stores our data and publish it in the corporate intranet.

Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Obviously it is not very handy to have a value field stored as a varchar in the database. However sometimes such is life!  

The best thing you can do is to let the database convert the values to numeric. So, please try to put a to_numer around your column in the SQL statement.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1