Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Result in cell: #NAME (Read 2983 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Result in cell: #NAME
22.08.09 at 09:25:03

Result in cell: #NAME

Quote:
My worksheet runs fine on a MS2008 server, but when I download the excel sheet I get as result in all coloums: #NAME (not connected). Is there any link or reference which I need to disable when executing the macros?

You probably use the worksheet functions.

Try this:

Open excel and connect
Then open your workbook. The formulas should display the information.

You can also force the recalculation of the formulas after you have connected to the database. Use the SQL*XL menu to recalculate all formulas.

Quote:

Not sure you have completely understand my problem. I execute the macros on a dedicated server.
It runs fine and the results are displayed correctly on the server. But I need to send out this
Sheet to audience and if they open the worksheet they see only #NAME.

Can you tell me what is in the cell on your dedicated server? Please run your macros to make the sheet as you are going to send it to your audience.
Please give the cell value and the formula in the cell if any.

Quote:

I just using sqlqueryvalue in all cells :

=(sqlqueryvalue(Queries!A133))

That is the cause. Your clients probably do not have the SQL*XL software installed. Or have they?

Quote:

Yes exactly. But I save the sheet when I execute the macro and then each other without having SQL XL installed
Should see the result. This how it worked in the past.

But since I'm setup a new server I run into this problem.

Perhaps i know the cause.

What you experience is due to Excel wanting to recalculate the query on opening the spreadsheet.
I always thought this is a property of Excel itself and not of the spreadsheet.

Perhaps your server saves this property in the file. As a test configure Excel on your server to not automatically calculate the formulas and also not on saving the file. Please let me know whher that solved the issue.

Quote:

That 's it, man !!!!

Thanks for your great support for a Unix guy who don't have a good knowledge
on Windows Sad

« Last Edit: 22.08.09 at 09:30:58 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Result in cell: #NAME
Reply #1 - 22.08.09 at 09:58:13

I have made a change in the SQL*XL software to check when a workbook (spreadsheet) is closed what the calculation property is set to. If it is not manual and if SQL*XL formulas were used it gives a warning. SQL*XL will offer to set the calculation to manual.

I hope this way we will not have this issue again.
This new feature will be released as SQL*XL version 4.3.17

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1