Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Errors connecting to Oracle in Vista 64 (Read 2561 times)
YaBB Newbies

Errors connecting to Oracle in Vista 64
10.03.09 at 19:28:28
I've installed the latest versio of SQL*XL Universal on my PC running Vista 64. I've placed it in the Program Files directory since the Oracle client has a problem with the parentheses in Program Files (x86). As you'll see on the attachment, page 1, I can connect just fine to my Oracle database outside SQL*XL using the connection string shown. However, when I use this connection string inside SQL*XL, I cannot connect, as shown on pages 2 and 3.
What do I need to do to get SQL*XL to work with Vista 64-bit?
  IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Errors connecting to Oracle in Vista 64
Reply #1 - 14.03.09 at 09:45:27
First, about the parenthesis in the name. In the file names of the SQL*XL software there are no parenthesis. What is the problem?
In the PDF you sent you seem to specify the connection in the MS Data Link Properties Wizard. Did you start this wizard outside of SQL*XL? Perhaps SQL*XL can pick up the connection better when you start it from the new connections dialog.
Also, did you try to use the connection wizard? It is also available from the new connections screen.
Best regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1