Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Data provider returned E_FAIL (Read 2599 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Data provider returned E_FAIL
19.02.09 at 22:27:35
Data provider returned E_FAIL
data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status Row 446 Cloumn 5

I am attempting to make some changes to email address. I have used a select statement to retrieve the data from the database. I am able to edit the email address and when I attempt to do the update using 'Update Multiple Rows' it always fails with the above error.

I have made sure that the ODBC SQL Native Client driver is installed on my SQL server. I am at a loss here and any help would be appreciated.

As you can probably imagine I cannot extract any further information too from this error. Clearly the ODBC driver protests.
I suggest you experiment a little to see what you can do:
Do you select all columns of the table you are trying to update? Perhaps it cannot uniquely identify the record you are updating.
Is there a primary key on the table?

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
YaBB Newbies

Re: Data provider returned E_FAIL
Reply #1 - 13.04.09 at 14:03:26
displays a descriptive message errmsg when the currently-running M-file program encounters an error condition. Depending on how the program code responds to the error, MATLAB either enters a catch block to handle the error condition, or exits the program.
Thank you for sharing this information. This topic was about this error condition in the SQL*XL software and not in MATLAB. Also in MATLAB you will have the difficulty finding out what the error was due to.
Edited by: Gerrit-Jan Linker

« Last Edit: 13.04.09 at 21:50:19 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1