Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Help using the multiple rows insert screen (Read 2059 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Help using the multiple rows insert screen
04.02.09 at 22:01:17

Help using the multiple rows insert screen

Quote:
Can you help me how to fill the table and column names because I did in different way but OK buttion is not enabled. In addition, I could not see tables of schema when I pressed for list of values. Please explain me with example because there is no example in help screen.

Data input section:

Table field
Either enter the name of the table in which you want to insert the data. If the table is not yet created tick the create table box.
You can use the button to the right of the table field to select a cell that contain the table name.

Create table tickbox
Tick this box if you want to insert the data into a new table. When you press the OK button first a screen will display where you can create a new table.

Column names
In this field type the column names as a comma separated list. Alternatively use the button to the right of this field to select the cells that contain the column names. You can just select a range of cells and SQL*XL will read the column names from the cells and comma separate them for you.

Data
In this field type the cell address of the range where the data resides that needs to be imported into the table. Usually you don't type the address but use the button to the right of this field to select a range of cells. SQL*XL will place the address of that range of cells in the field for you.

If all fields are populated the OK button will be enabled.

You can set some options:

Row orientation
Usually you organise a table in Excel with columns as columns and rows as rows. However SQL*XL can also read a transposed table where columns contain rows and where the rows contain the column information.

Prompt on Error
Tick this box if you want SQL*XL to display a message each time an error occurs. If you untick this box SQL*XL will only leave the error next to the row on the spreadsheet.

Sort to Status
Tick this box if you want SQL*XL to sort the data rows to the insert status at the end of the inport. This is handy to check if there were any errors as all errors will be displayed usually at the top of the range.

Commit  
Tick this box if you want SQL*XL to commit /save the inserted data each x rows.

« Last Edit: 04.02.09 at 22:09:27 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1