Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Error : Unable to create a menu item in Excel (Read 8090 times)
7horses
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Error : Unable to create a menu item in Excel
04.02.09 at 20:28:27

Getting the error
   SQL*XL was unable to create a menu item in  Excel.  It fhis happens persistently please let us know (ref:SQL*XL.clsToolbar.M_createmenuitem; error -2147467259)

After getting this the first time,  we reinstalled SQL*XL.  I worked for a while and now we are getting the same error again.

Please advise, thanks.

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Error : Unable to create a menu item in Excel
Reply #1 - 04.02.09 at 21:54:34

If you run an older version of SQL*XL it may be a bug. The last reports I received with this error were for SQL*XL version 3.1.

The problems were solved by following this advice:
Quote:
There seemed to be a problem with the SQL*XL menu in your Excel. From the SQL*XL About menu, uninstall SQL*XL from Excel. Then use the shortcut from the SQL*XL program group to start SQL*XL again. It will recreate the menu items in Excel. I hope this helps.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
dod
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #2 - 28.10.09 at 14:07:08

I am getting the same error on starting SQL*XL ('SQL*XL was unable to create a menu item in Excel. If this happens persistenly [sic] please let us know (ref:SQL*XL.clsToolbar.m)CreateMenuItem; error -2147467259)' with SQL*XL4 universal and Excel 2002 (sp3) on clicking the SQLXL menu button. I have reinstalled SQL*XL from CD but it is giving the same error. I have been using SQL*XL4 for the last year but (as of today) this error occurs preventing its use.  

Kind regards,

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 28.10.09 at 16:29:49

Hi,

Did you follow the advice quoted in the earlier posts about uninstalling SQL*XL from Excel by using the button in the About dialog, etc, etc?

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
dod
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #4 - 28.10.09 at 17:16:22

I can't actually get to the About dialogue since this problem occurred. All I get now when I press the SQL*XL menu item in Excel is shown in the image attached. Not sure why* but even before this, pressing the SQL*XL menu item in Excel gave the error listed below and thus also preventing me getting to the About dialogue (I am assuming here that about dialogue is obtained by pressing the SQL*XL menu item in Excel). *I am not sure why this (screenprint attached) is happening now where it was not before.

Thanks for your post

sqlxl.JPG
  IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 28.10.09 at 19:33:46

Hi,

I see that the submenus have disappeared. That does not look good!

I advice you to manually reset the menu and toolbar.
In Excel go to: View-Toolbars-Customize
Select the SQL*XL toolbar and remove it by pressing the delete button.
Select the Worksheet menubar and press the RESET button.

This will remove the SQL*XL toolbar and the SQL*XL additions to the worksheet menu.

Restart Excel to verify that SQL*XL has been removed from Excel.

Now, use File-Open in Excel to open the file sqlxl.xla. It is located in the SQL*XL application folder. By opening this file SQL*XL will become active in Excel again and it will add the menu and toolbars again.  

Hopefully that solves this problem.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
dod
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #6 - 29.10.09 at 11:00:25

I followed your instructions and attach the result. The toolbar changes fixed the issue with the empty toolbar but I get the same error as before on trying to open sqlxl.xla.    Huh

sqlxlerr.JPG
  IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 30.10.09 at 10:09:52

Hi,

It would like to have a good look at this. Can you please contact me by email? Use the contact form please so I have your email address:
http://www.oraxcel.com/profile/form_enquiries.html

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Pages: 1