Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Macro Recording not capturing SQL*Xl (Read 2912 times)
7horses
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Macro Recording not capturing SQL*Xl
04.02.09 at 20:26:12

I am using SQL*XL with Excel 2007.   I start recording a macro (for example to connect to the db).  The macro recorder
is capturing all keystrokes except the ones in the SQL*XL menu.   As a result it does not work.

Trying other macros (example select * from somedata)  don't work either.  The macro records but the relavant SQL*XL  
statements don't get captured

Why is this?

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Macro Recording not capturing SQL*Xl
Reply #1 - 04.02.09 at 21:50:37

Hi,

Have you enabled the macro recorder? It is a setting in the program preferences.  

Open the SQL*XL menu. Choose program perference and find the preference Macro recorder. It is in the general section I believe. Set it to Enabled. Apply the change. You need to restart Excel before the change takes effect.

It is clever to record the SQL*XL API statement with the macro recorder. You do not need to write much code and in addition SQL*XL will automatically add a reference to itself in the workbook.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1