Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Help -- foxpro oledb issue (Read 5874 times)
kjhngisd
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Help -- foxpro oledb issue
08.12.08 at 21:34:02

Hi there,  
I don't even know if this is an appropriate forum for this, but I'm pretty stuck and can't find a good place for help.  

I'm connecting to a foxpro database from C#using OLEDB.  
Everything works great, as long as I'm running locally.  
When I put it in production, I get a series of failures. I *think* this is because the table I'm trying to update must be locked by other users?  
Does that sound right?
Here's my connection string and my exception:

Provider=VFPOLEDB.1;Data Source=Data Source=\\server\data\\XXXX.DBF;Collating Sequence=MACHINE;Exclusive=No"

2008-12-08 14:25:07,326 [1] ERROR - cannot update the foxpro database System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Invalid path or file name.
   at ....

Am I doing something  wrong?  

thank you  
-kjh

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Help -- foxpro oledb issue
Reply #1 - 08.12.08 at 23:01:28

You are correct, this forum is for the SQL*XL software specifically. I will move this topic soon into my weblog area where it is still accessible by the current url.

I have never experienced problems like this with FoxPro. Did you try to check the obvious? Does the path exist to the foxpro database? When you test it locally it work but when in production are the local paths still valid? If you use network paths are you sure the paths are correct? UNC paths I would expect to work. When using a mapped drive letter ensure to access the drive first in explorer before doing  your tests. In my experience the mapped drives may need to be initialised in windows before they work properly.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
kjhngisd
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: Help -- foxpro oledb issue
Reply #2 - 09.12.08 at 03:29:22

Quote from Gerrit-Jan Linker on 08.12.08 at 23:01:28:
You are correct, this forum is for the SQL*XL software specifically. I will move this topic soon into my weblog area where it is still accessible by the current url.

I have never experienced problems like this with FoxPro. Did you try to check the obvious? Does the path exist to the foxpro database? When you test it locally it work but when in production are the local paths still valid? If you use network paths are you sure the paths are correct? UNC paths I would expect to work. When using a mapped drive letter ensure to access the drive first in explorer before doing  your tests. In my experience the mapped drives may need to be initialised in windows before they work properly.

Thank you and thank you.  
Yes, i checked all the paths.  
Yes, the files exist.  
No i'm not using mapped drives.  
--kjh

IP Logged
Pages: 1