Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Converting macro recorded with older version (Read 3548 times)
drobinson
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Converting macro recorded with older version
30.07.08 at 22:27:22

We have just recently moved our databases to new servers and had to purchase and load SQL*XL to use with existing spreadsheets.  What do I need to change in order for these spreadsheets to work with the new version.  This is my macro statement:

'Connect to Oracle
    Call Application.Run("ORAXCEL.XLa!OraConnect", "username", "password", "DB name")

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Converting macro recorded with older version
Reply #1 - 31.07.08 at 07:22:32

You used a very very old version of SQL*XL. In that version only OO4O connections were possible and hence such a simpel connection macros worked. Now it is not vastly different but different it is.

The easiest is to record a macro and let SQL*XL generate the statements. Go to tools - macros and record connecting to your database. Stop the macro recorder and look at the generated code. If no code is generated please enable the macro recorder from the program preferences (general section).

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1