Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Invalid? Universal version and standard license (Read 2522 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Invalid? Universal version and standard license
14.06.08 at 22:08:10

Invalid? Universal version and standard license

Quote:
When I try to apply the licence code it tells me that it is invalid. Is this because I have downloaded the 'Universal' and tried to apply the license code for Standard to that (somehow I thought that the software was the same, but configured its' abilities according to the key it has).

Is this the case?

Answer:
That is correct. The Universal and the Standard version are two separate binaries and the registration key is different for them too. If you purchased the Standard edition you need to install the standard edition and then apply the registration key.

The software is built such that downgrading from SQL*XL 4 Universal is easiest to do. Most people will evaluate Universal and downgrade if they decide to only license the limited Standard version. In any case it is important that you uninstall the Universal edition before installing the Standard edition. When the uninstaller asks whether it should remove "unused shared components" please answer yes.

« Last Edit: 14.06.08 at 22:09:17 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1