Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Hartree product (Read 4081 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Hartree product
17.05.08 at 19:12:34
Hartree product
ψHP is called the Hartree product. It is a N electron wavefunction used to describe the system.
Фi is a spatial orbital i
ri are the spatial coordinates of electron i
The idea to use a hartree product as a wavefunction to describe the system is going back to the simpelest atom, Hydrogen, which has only one electron. When introducing another electron in Hydrogen to obtain H- and assuming the electrons do not interact the wavefunction describing that system would be the product of two Hydrogen wavefunctions: ψH(r1H(r2).
The assumption that the two electrons do not interact is a pretty crude assumption... See also the topic on the independent particle model
If we include spin as a coordinate we can write:
Here xi denote the spatial coordinates ri of electron one and its spin coordinate (with value either alpha or beta)
χi denotes spin orbital i which consists of a spatial part Фi and a spin function. So if electon i has alpha spin you get the spin ortial χi = Фiα  
A Hartree product does not satisfy the antisymmetry principle. See the topic on the anti-symmetry principle for more information.
« Last Edit: 25.02.11 at 21:29:15 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1