Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
glennes
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

17.05.08 at 00:39:25

When I run my SQL script, as it is running, I get a message box that asks if I want to cance (Yes/No). Sometimes it appears several times before the execution completes; other times it will appear only once or not at all, though I've made no changes to the SQL script. What causes this?

« Last Edit: 17.05.08 at 00:40:01 by glennes »  
  IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Message: Do you want to cancel?
Reply #1 - 17.05.08 at 08:05:09

When SQL*XL executes the query you have the opportunity to cancel the operation. Suppose you query by accident a table with 100,000 rows, then the fetching to Excel may take a long time. If you decide that you want to stop the fetching process you can press any key to stop the process. This is indicated by a message on the statusbar in Excel. If your status bar is not visible in Excel you can enable it in Excel's view menu.

It should not spontaneously ask you to stop the processing however. It will only occur when you press a key (any key) in Excel.

Do you attempt to use Excel while SQL*XL is fetching results into the worksheet?
Which version of SQL*XL do you use? (see the SQL*XL about dialog).

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
glennes
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: Message: Do you want to cancel?
Reply #2 - 17.05.08 at 19:06:10

The message appears during SQL execution. I'm using Excel 2007. I also get the Target error but I'll make the changes suggested in another post on this board to see if I can get past that problem. I want the VBA module script to process the SQL code, then proceed with execution of the rest of the macro with no pauses from start to finish, so I don't want or need to cancel the process after it has been initiated by the macro as this will only confuse the end user. Nothing else is going on with Excel during this execution. I just got SQL*XL a couple of weeks ago so I'm using the most recend version available for download at that time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1