Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Credit card - Error: currency is unsupported (Read 10516 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Credit card - Error: currency is unsupported
31.03.08 at 21:16:06

Credit card - Error: currency is unsupported

Question:

I'm attempting to purchase a licence - don't know if you have any record of the fact I've attempted to do so.  

I have tried paying by debit card through WorldPay and it is telling me the currency is unsupported - I am in the UK so assume I need the option to pay in GBP..?

I have then tried again to pay via bank transfer, and have then received an internal server error.  So I have given up, and am just emailing you.

I have already downloaded the trial version, and it seems to work fine, so I would like to simply buy a licence, and pay you via bank transfer - which I hope we can arrange by email..?

Answer:

I cannot find any activity in the reports. It must mean that you didn't even get to the page where you enter your credit card details.

Not all cards can be billed in all currencies. I don't know why there has to be that restriction at Worldpay as the system translates the amounts into different currencies automatically. Just select the euro amount and it should go through I think. It is the equivalent euro amount that is charged from your card and on your statement it shows as GBP as your own credit card bank will translate it back to GBP. Both translations will be done using the same rate so it rally doesn't matter.

We can also do a bank transfer however you will find that your bank will charge you a reasonable fee for transferring it to me. I am in The Netherlands. But if you want I can send an invoice with all the details you need to make a bank transfer. Just let me know.

I don't know whether you use paypal but that is an option too. My account is paypal@oraxcel.com. If you want I can request the money from you. Just send me your paypal id.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Credit card - Error: currency is unsupported
Reply #1 - 31.03.08 at 21:16:47

Thanks alot for replying.  I did actually select both Euro (failed) and then USD (failed) on the WorldPay pages, as it told me the currency was invalid.  I have paid for other goods in USD no probs, so I don't understand the issue either.  I'm surprised there's nothing in your logs as, like I said, I was transferred to WorldPay!

Leave it with me for today and I'll see if I can sort it out - if not, I'll just pay whatever the bank wants if that's what it takes.  Not ideal, but still a better option for me than buying Excel I'm sure!

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 31.03.08 at 21:17:17

Hi Roger,

I just tried the paypal option. It doesn't catually require you to be a paypal member. Can you use that? I am sure they don't have the currency restrictions.  

Just go back to my order system and select the paypal payment method.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
mikej
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #3 - 22.06.08 at 23:53:41

Quote from Gerrit-Jan Linker on 31.03.08 at 21:17:17:
Hi Roger,

I just tried the paypal option. It doesn't catually require you to be a paypal member. Can you use that? I am sure they don't have the currency restrictions.

Just go back to my order system and select the paypal payment method.

Paypal does actually have cyrrency restrictions, they reject most from outside europe or north america!

WWW   IP Logged
Joseflores
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #4 - 07.02.09 at 05:59:48

Hi friend
It will charge his CREDIT CARD and transfer the funds. Its just like when you go the store and charge something thats all. Only your going through paypal to do it.
His balance is zero because you HAVE NOT actually placed funds in the paypal account, but rather are using a credit card to cover your purchases.
Gud Luck!!!!  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1