Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Create table when inserting data (Read 8877 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Create table when inserting data
17.01.08 at 07:55:13

A new feature was suggested by a user: Create a new table when inserting data.

I am designing a change to the multiple rows insert screen to scan the data to figure out the data type and size (should be for the user to override I think). It can then create the table (optionally of course) before the insert process is started.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Create table when inserting data
Reply #1 - 26.01.08 at 19:45:06

The new screen was added to version 4.2.6 of the SQL*XL software.  
The screen is called "Create New Table" and it will scan through the new values to determine the appropriate column sizes. It seems to work well in Oracle. Currently I am testing it against SQL Server and later I will test it against the other database types. There are small differences in the create table statements that will need to be taken care of.

The column options that are included are nullable, default value, unique constraint, primary key constraint and check constraint.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 17.03.08 at 21:24:31

A help page was added to the documentation to document the features of the create table screen.

Create Table dialog
http://www.oraxcel.com/projects/sqlxl/help/dialogs/create_table/

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Jonyross
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 04.08.11 at 12:48:50

That's really nice because every time we first create the table and  then insert values in a row one by one. But if we want to delete any row in the middle can we do it from this.?? if we select the table then can we able to sell values it it while inserting?

« Last Edit: 04.08.11 at 12:49:43 by Jonyross »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1