Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Connection wizard fails to connect to Oracle (Read 4886 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Connection wizard fails to connect to Oracle
02.01.08 at 19:48:59

Connection wizard fails to connect to Oracle

SQL*XL connections to Oracle fails when using connection wizard (see error in images below)

I hope you may have some hints to remove this problem.

Answer:
Typing the correct details into the connection wizard is important. If you can connect using the Oracle tools such as SQL*Plus please enter the same details into the connection wizard as you do in SQL*Plus.

Observations:
  • OO4O has not provided an error. This is unusual. If it was not installed it should have displayed that error. Aparently it is installed but it could not connect and it could also not display a warning. Not a good sign. I wonder whether OO4O is properly installed. What happens when you manually try to add an OO4O connection from the new connections window?
  • MSDAORA (Microsoft OLE DB) and MSDASQL (Oracle ODBC) display the same error: ORA-01019: unable to allocate memory on the user side. This is also not a very healthy sign and since both drivers point to memory problems there may be some truth in it. What is the free memory on your system? Please try closing some programs and try it again.
  • Strange symbols as error messages for the Oracle OLEDB connection attempts. I also wonder whether this has to do anything with your low memory conditions.

See also:
Oracle connection problems
http://www.oraxcel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1130748978

« Last Edit: 02.01.08 at 19:58:40 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1