Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Maintaining a vendor's pricing catalogue (Read 2448 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Maintaining a vendor's pricing catalogue
25.09.07 at 09:11:03

Maintaining a vendor's pricing catalogue

>>
How to delete items from a catalogue? (A vendor’s pricing in a catalogue)
>>
I assume you have a catalogue table called c. With the following command you remove ALL items from the catalog:
     delete from c;
If you just want to remove individual items then you may want to delete by id. I assume that each item in the catalog has an id. You could run:
     delete from c where id = 123;

>>
How do you isolate the catalogue you want to update from other catalogues for updating?
>>
Select only those items that make up the catalog. If your catalog table is called c and you can distinquish the catalogs by cat_id  you can use the following statements:

First select the catalog you want to update:
     select * from c where cat_id = 123;
Then update the details in Excel.  
When you are finished updating, run the update multiple rows feature.

>>
How to add items to a downloaded table?
>>
Add the new rows at the bottom of the downloaded table.  
The easiest is to use the multiple rows insert feature.
Select for the data rows only the newly added items.

>>  
How do we load up a new vendor’s catalogue?
>>
In the same way as you add items as I explained above.

>>
We have an Oracle purchasing application. The way we update or load a catalogue is by means of a text file using FTP. We convert the text file to an Excel spreadsheet, convert it back to the text file and upload it into the catalogue table. Before we do that, we have to delete the existing catalogue, to avoid duplication.  
>>
Once you have familiarised yourself with the procedure in our software you can then take the step to automate it. It is very well possible you can automate the whole process. Excel-DB supports macro recording in Excel. You can make it as easy as a simpel button click. If you need some help with this please let me know.

>>
I view your program as a handshake; however, the questions are very important. There are 9 people in the purchasing department.  
>>
I am sure Excel-DB will be helpful to you.  

>>
There are three headers and item lines in the text file and have to be uploaded using the Oracle protocol.  
>>
If you need to discuss the specifics please send me a file and the table descriptions.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1