Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Generate synonym with Oracle designer (Read 3595 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Generate synonym with Oracle designer
31.08.07 at 07:52:46

Generate synonym with Oracle designer

I have written a package in Oracle designer 10.1.2.0.2. When I come to implement this package in my database I would like to refer to the package from other schemas. So I would not like to run it like this:
implementation_schema.my_package.my_proc; but simply as [tt]my_package.my_proc;[\tt]

To achieve this a synonym needs to be created for the package in designer. Under the node synonyms you can create a new one.  

Now I have created the synonym I noticed that the synonym does not get generated when I generate my package (right click the package -> generate) although the generation options are set to generate the synonyms as well.

After some experimentation I found that the synonym can be generated separately from the package by selecting it ang right clicking to generate the synonym. A bit clumsy but at least it works!

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1