Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Workbook contains links to other data sources. (Read 5081 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Workbook contains links to other data sources.
06.06.07 at 09:54:46

Workbook contains links to other data sources.

Question:
In a workbook in which I have used the SQLQueryValue function I am getting the following Excel warning when I next open the workbook (xls):

[tt]This workbook contains links to other data sources

If you update the links, Excel will attempt to retrieve the latest data
If you don't update the links, Excel will use the previous information.

Note that data links can be used to access and share confidential information without your permission and possibly perform other harmful actions. Do not update the links if you do not trust the source of this workbook.

Update - Don't Update - Help

Answer:
When using a SQL*XL function like SQLQueryValue Excel will save a link to the SQL*XL software. It remembers which plugin / addin provided the function results. When you start Excel when you have not used SQL*XL yet, the function needs to load SQL*XL in to be able to recompute its value. This is what this message relates to. Do you want SQL*XL to refresh the values or do you want to just use the last results at the time you saved this workbook.

I suggest you always say don't update here. If you have not established a connection to the correct database yet in SQL*XL the commands will likely fail.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1