Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Update from several worksheets in one instance (Read 3079 times)
yellott
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Update from several worksheets in one instance
05.05.07 at 16:05:54

I have multiple Workbooks opened in one instance of Excel.  I am only able to update records in a workbook when the select query that loaded the sheet (in the workbook) was the last one executed.  I would like to load up some data in multiple workbooks and then navigate from workbook to workbook and do updates.  I can do this if I have the workbooks loaded in seperate instances of Excel.

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Update from several worksheets in one instance
Reply #1 - 06.05.07 at 08:54:34

It is not so much the problem that you have your data in multiple workbooks. Even in multiple worksheets or if the data would be in one worksheet the problem exists.

The limitation is that only the last retrieved query results can be updated. So if you have multiple queries for which you want to edit the output - irrespective of where you put the results of these queries - you need to follow the procedure below:
- run query 1
- apply your changes in Excel
- run the multiple rows update process in SQL*XL
- run query 2
- apply your changes in Excel to query results 2
- run the multiple rows update process in SQL*XL for the query results 2
- and so on...

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1