Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
SQL*XL 3 on Vista with Excel 2000 (Read 5558 times)
FraggeR
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

SQL*XL 3 on Vista with Excel 2000
17.04.07 at 10:37:47

i tested it, with administrator rights, it runs without problems,  
as a domain user the following error message appears, when conntecting
to a database.

(....) A critical error in the Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) driver has been detected. The can be due to installation problems or to the recent installation of other programs on your PC. I recommend you to uninstall OO4O by running the Oracle Installer and reinstall it. You may want to get the latest release of OO4O from technet.oracle.com (for free).

We are already using the latest release of the OO4O driver.

The SQL*XL Version, we are using is 3.1.19

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: SQL*XL 3 on Vista with Excel 2000
Reply #1 - 17.04.07 at 20:36:45

Yes, with admin rights SQL*XL can still create the files in the application directory. Nice of you to confirm that it still works in Vista with these user rights.

The message you get about OO4O is due to a specific error that I coded this message for. In the past it happened that people installed new software that updated OLE dlls. OLE is the way microsoft enabled software to communicate to eachother. It is heavily used and it is also used by the OO4O driver. In the past an update of the OLE dlls could break the OO4O driver.

Now you get this error in Vista it may mean that the OO4O driver you used is not working correctly in Vista. We'll need to check that. Which version of OO4O did you try? Has Oracle released a version that should work on Vista?

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
FraggeR
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: SQL*XL 3 on Vista with Excel 2000
Reply #2 - 17.04.07 at 21:32:00

the OO4O driver is the latest, which version i can tell you tomorrow....

"Now you get this error in Vista it may mean that the OO4O driver you used is not working correctly in Vista." <- with admin rights it works, but only as domain user it makes problems....

so what do you decide i should try as a workaround ?
- try to run sqlxl as admin while logged in as domain user?
- give special rights to a folder? to which? what rights?

or any other ideas ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1