Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Recording a macro: No VBA code (Read 4444 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Recording a macro: No VBA code
24.03.07 at 17:14:03

Recording a macro: No VBA code

SQL*XL user Tim from Singapore asked the following question:

Question:
Just have a strange encounter in one of the participants notebook when trying to capture a macro on the  
connection, display using SQL retrieval and disconnection. I have check the security level to be "Low" and VBA project as set in the  Tools|Macro|Security and the macro refused to be recorded. However all  other simple macros not involving the capturing of SQLXL processes  seem ok. What could I be missing out. The latest downloaded version of  SQL*XL is used.

Answer:
You are probably using the new version of SQL*XL (4.1.13) in which I have changed the default setting for macro recording support. The macro recording support is Disabled by default. Just to to the SQL*XL program settings and enable the macro recording support.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Twildey
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Re: Recording a macro: No VBA code
Reply #1 - 07.11.07 at 17:24:13

I am running into the same problem.  I have changed the settings enabling macro recording support, but still not recording.

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Recording a macro: No VBA code
Reply #2 - 07.11.07 at 22:09:35

You also posted the same question in another board. I have replied very detailed in that topic. Please read:
http://www.oraxcel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1194460475/0

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1