Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Suppress the SQL dialog from popping up (Read 3777 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Suppress the SQL dialog from popping up
16.03.07 at 10:59:52

Suppress the SQL dialog from popping up

SQL*XL user Greg asked us the following question.

Question:
Is there anyway you can suppress the SQL Dialog box from popping up. I have built some favorite sql statements that prompt the user for some parameters however I don’t really want them to see sql to be executed.

Answer:
At the moment you cannot suppress the SQL dialog when you run SQL Favorite. However the functionality is available when you record a macro executing the SQL. Running the recorded macro will not display the SQL dialog and it will not ask for any options to be filled in. It will just fetch the data an put it in the sheet.

« Last Edit: 16.03.07 at 11:07:28 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Suppress the SQL dialog from popping up
Reply #1 - 16.03.07 at 11:55:21

I agree that it would be nice to have the option to not load the SQL for an SQL favorite into the SQL dialog first before running it. If you want to configure SQL*XL for an end user that is not allowed to change the SQL it may be nice to just skip the SQL dialog and immediately execute the SQL.

To facilitate this I have added a new program preference in the SQL dialog section: Show for SQL Favorites. When you set this option to Yes it will show the SQL dialog. Setting it to No will not show the SQL dialog and immediately execute the SQL.

Note that the default setting is Yes, so by default it will continue to load the SQL into the SQL dialog.

This feature will be available from SQL*XL 4.1.13

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1