Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Glad to be a SQL*XL user ! (Read 4860 times)
YaBB Newbies

Glad to be a SQL*XL user !
09.02.07 at 09:00:55
This is Devaki from S*Bio, a drug discovery company focusing on oncology, based in Singapore. I administer corporate database which contains data on chemical structures, samples and biological results. I use SQL*XL largely for data movement, update or insertion in batches. It has breezed some of my projects works just like that which otherwise would have killed me with time and effort.
Gerrit-Jan Linker - You have developed a great product, one-and-only, I would say, keep it up!
  IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Glad to be a SQL*XL user !
Reply #1 - 10.02.07 at 21:51:02
Hi Devaki,
Thank you for the nice words. I am certainly trying to keep it up to date.  
I am currently exploring the worksheet functions further. With the SQLQueryValue worksheet formula you can make "dashboards" - binding cells to query results. Personally I like this approach a lot. Recently I added array formula capabilities to this function.  
The other thing I am working on at the moment is an Excel 2007 interface. As you may know in Excel 2007 the menus and toolbars have been replaced by a ribbon interface. I am adding an SQL*XL ribbon interface at the moment. Currently you can still use SQL*XL in Excel 2007 but it is a little bit hidden in an Addins tab - way to the right of the ribbon.
Is there anything you would like to see improved in SQL*XL?

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1