Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Gerrit-Jan Linker (Read 4141 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Gerrit-Jan Linker
09.02.07 at 07:28:00
Name: Gerrit-Jan Linker
Company: Linker IT Software
In 1996 I have programmed the first version of SQL*XL. While being employed at SCT in Manchester I needed to do a lot of testing. I needed to create test scenarios and perform tests with our billing systems for the utility market in the UK. Analysing results and setting test scenarios were usually done in Excel but the link to put the data into Oracle was missing. I used some scripts which became macros and after a little while I started adding screens too. SQL*XL was born.
Although I spend quite a bit of time updating and improving the SQL*XL software I still use SQL*XL every day. I use it to extract data from our databases to send to customers or to upload new data into our databases. I am also using SQL*XL for analysis work. Frequently I am making dashboards with the SQL*XL worksheet formulas.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1