Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Keyboard layout spontaneously changes (Read 2884 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Keyboard layout spontaneously changes
10.11.06 at 07:28:55

Keyboard layout spontaneously changes

I am trying to figure out why it is that on my PCs the keyboard layout frequently changes. Please help by posting a reply to this topic.

Frequently I find that the position of the symbols @ and " change on my keyboard. I am using a US layout keyboard so the @ should be above 2 and the " should be above ' to the right of the keyboard. Often they interchange. Very very very annoying.

I noticed that it helps to switch on the language toolbar in windows explorer. When I notice that the symbols have changed I switch language to US English which helps.

What also helps is to delete the Dutch language as language on my PC. However I don't really want to do that because I work in The Netherlands and Dutch should be configured as the language.

Is there something that switches the language on my PC? I thought this was highly unlikely until yesterday when I saw that Internet Explorer changes the language!
When I have configured the language on the language toolbar to be English (EN) it switches back to Dutch (NL) when I open explorer. The keyboard layout luckily does not change with it so the @ and " are ok to use. However I find this very strange and wonder whether this is the source of the problem.

Does anyone have any experiences with this? I would welcome your feedback.