Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Error ORA-01013 (Read 10250 times)
tatuh
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Error ORA-01013
24.10.06 at 16:04:02

Hey,

when I connect to Oracle database with SQL*XL everything seems to work fine. After all, when I try to execute a time-consuming SQL-query, SQL*XL gives me ORA-01013 error: user requested cancel of current operation.  

I already changed the  Command timeout preference to value 0, but problem still remains...

Can somebody help please?

//t

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Error ORA-01013
Reply #1 - 25.10.06 at 07:32:40

The default timeout is 30 seconds which you indeed can remove completely by setting it to 0. Have you tried to set it to a higher value such as 60? It would be interesting to see whether changing the setting has any effect at all.

It may have to do with the driver you are using. Please can you tell me which driver it is? It will be displayed in the connection dialog and it is usually one of the following: OO4O, MSDAORA, ORAOLEDB.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
tatuh
YaBB Newbies

I Love SQL*XL

Reply #2 - 25.10.06 at 14:33:13

Yes, I tried to change it to 60 and 100 seconds, besides 0. Problem still exists. Perhaps this problem is caused by a driver, it is MSDASQL if i'm right.

//t

IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 26.10.06 at 07:57:43

I will have a look at MSDASQL is the Microsoft ODBC provider. You seem to login through ODBC to Oracle. I will have a look at it.

It would be helpful if you could test the following:
When you set the timeout to 30 does it take 30 seconds for SQL*XL to display the error?
When you set the timeout to 50 does it take 50 seconds for it to display the error?

What I am trying to work out is whether 0 is not working (remove the timeout) or whether the setting is completely ignored.

More details about your driver can be found in the About the database screen. Perhaps you can dump the information in a file using the button provided. When you send in the file it gives me all the driver related info including version numbers etc.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 31.10.06 at 14:48:16

I ran some tests today but failed to get the error. I also failed to get any desired behavior from the timeout parameter. Setting it to any value seems to render no effect. In my case it just runs without any timeout (as if the value was 0). I tried to set the timeout value both on the command (used to retrieve the data) and on the connection.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Pages: 1