Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Menu from directory structure (Read 2591 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Menu from directory structure
21.05.06 at 17:35:45
Menu from the directory structure of your files
Windows has a feature you can show your directories as menus. This is so for all the drives and network resources you can see in windows explorer. This can be handy if you want to access your files fast without having to return to the desktop or without starting windows explorer.
The way to use this feature is through the destop toolbar. Right click on an empty part of your windows start bar and from the Toolbars list select to show the desktop toolbar. This will add the desktop files into your taskbar. In itself I don't think that is very useful unless you have few items on the taskbar. The way I use the desktop toolbar is to move it as far as possible to the right so that no icons show anymore. The usual >> sign is shown for the desktop toolbar to indicate there are more icons available. When you click it to open the icons they will show as a menu bar that will expand vertically. Notice that the my computer item, the my documents item and the network places are all submenus. From here you can access any file or directory that you can access through windows explorer.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1