Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Error: Invalid registration key (Read 7962 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Error: Invalid registration key
20.04.06 at 08:28:53

Error: Invalid registration key

SQL*XL user Prabir asked the following question.

Question:
I am reinstalling SQL*XL and I am having a same problem with the invalid registration key message. I start SQL*XL for the first time and it asks for the the registration key. I open the registration key file you sent in notepad, select all and use copy and paste to put it into the registration manager. SQL*XL claims the registration key is invalid.

Answer:
I noticed your registration key file contains a few extra lines below the registration key itself. When you select all the text in notepad you also select these empty lines and that caused the error. Be sure only select the first line and not any empty lines.

Mixup of activation and registration keys:
When entering the activation key in the registration key field or the other way around will also result in the invlid key error message.  
The activation key is for evaluation purposes only. The registration key is what you receive after you purchased the software.

See also:
Activation and Registration key  
http://www.oraxcel.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1136974364/0

« Last Edit: 20.06.11 at 08:54:22 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Invalid registration key
Reply #1 - 20.06.07 at 07:20:58

Note that this problem is fixed in SQL*XL 4.2. Blanks are not taken into consideration when validating the registration key.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Error: Invalid registration key
Reply #2 - 20.06.07 at 07:25:19

Question:
Entering the registration key, SQL*XL says: Invalid Registration Code

Answer:
Please check the software title in the registration manager. Did you install the correct product? A registration code or registration key is tied to a particular software title. So a registration key for SQL*XL Universal will not work for SQL*XL Standard.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Error: Invalid registration key
Reply #3 - 21.07.08 at 15:22:16

Quote:
When entering the key below, but I get the error message - 'Invalid
registration key'. Could you to reactivate this key please?

Please check the software title in the registration manager to check that you obtained a key for the correct software title.

Usually when this happens the standard version was installed instead of the universal version. Please check the software title in the registration manager and please let me know whether it is Universal or Standard so I can advice further.  

« Last Edit: 20.06.11 at 08:50:22 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Pages: 1