Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Expired Thawte Certificate (Read 3692 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Expired Thawte Certificate
19.04.06 at 10:14:01

SQL*XL user John sent in the following question.

Quetion:
I've been getting error messages about an expired (4/13/2006) Thawte certificate when I start up Excel the past few days. It's not a big deal, but it does get annoying having to click on an unexpected dialog box at startup time.

Answer:
To let SQL*XL run smoothly in Excel this digital signature is required. I would rather it would not be necessary but this is how Microsoft wants us to do it. The certificate has a finite validity. I have purchased it in 2005 and that certificate is expired now. The new certificate is valid until 2008 as I paid for two years this time.

It would be best to upgrade you to the latest release so you can work with a file that has the new digitial signature. If you do not want to do this, contact me.

« Last Edit: 27.06.06 at 13:43:22 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Expired Thawte Certificate
Reply #1 - 21.07.08 at 15:33:27

Quote:
This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level, these micros will be disabled.

It looks like the digital signature on the software expired. The software is digitally signed so it can work inside Excel. We can upgrade the software for you which has a current valid signature attached to it. Note that only upon installation you will get this warning. An accepted digital signature will remain to work ok even when the signature expires.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1