Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Outlook: scanpst.exe speeds up pst files? (Read 9593 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Outlook: scanpst.exe speeds up pst files?
18.04.06 at 09:28:01
Does running scanpst.exe speed up Outlook?
I had some problems with a pst file over the last few days. Actually I experimented with a VMWare raw disk and managed to get my email partition corrupted... It left me with a pst file that Outlook refuses to read. It complained that the pst file was corrupted and Outlook suggested I run the inbox repair tool: scanpst.exe
Scanpst.exe is located on the C drive in the shared programs folder. After running the scanpst utility I am finding that looking through my pst file is much faster! Usually searches took ages and now it whizzes through.  
Does anyone else have the same experience?

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
YaBB Newbies

Re: Outlook: scanpst.exe speeds up pst files?
Reply #1 - 22.06.08 at 08:05:32
Sounds like scanpst doesn't work for your corrupt pst file. You can try a tool called Advanced Outlook Repair to repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.  
Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
And you can also download a free demo version at  
Hope this helps.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1