Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Connecting to Intuit QuickBooks (Read 7908 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Connecting to Intuit QuickBooks
31.03.06 at 17:44:16

Support for QuickBooks from Intuit has been built in to SQL*XL 4.0.44.

A driver is required to access QuickBooks files (QBW files). The QODBC driver (www.qodbc.com) from FlexQuarters can be used to access these files. SQL*XL has been tested against this driver.

For more information see:
-SQL*XL: Excel QuickBooks Database QODBC Connection  
http://www.oraxcel.com/projects/sqlxl/help/techniques/connecting/quickbooks_qodb c.html
-New QuickBooks ODBC Connection
http://www.oraxcel.com/projects/sqlxl/help/techniques/odbc_data_source_administr ator/create_data_source.html#quickbooks

« Last Edit: 22.02.08 at 23:18:36 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Connecting to Intiut QuickBooks
Reply #1 - 19.02.08 at 22:39:55

I've installed your application and discovered it relies on QODBC. So I installed QODBC by Flexquarters. I then discovered that QODBC does not support my version of Quickbooks (Pro 2002)

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Connecting to Intuit QuickBooks
Reply #2 - 22.02.08 at 23:19:41

More Feedback:
After trying different divers the test came back succesfull. When I connect everything seems to be fine ie no error messages but the excel sheets are blank, am i doing something wrong?

Answer:
So you connected to Quickbooks. No errors. That is good!

You will see that all (or most) icons on the toolbar are enabled now.

You need to run SQL to specify to SQL*XL what you would like to retrieve from the database. Typically that is a statement like: select * from mytable. where * stands for all columns and you need to replace mytable with one of your table names. If you struggle to find your table names, enter the SQL editor. It will let you browse the tables inside your database. Hopefully your driver supports that!

« Last Edit: 22.02.08 at 23:22:21 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Pages: 1