Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
InterNanny: Safe internet for children (Read 4031 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

InterNanny: Safe internet for children
20.02.06 at 09:43:44

I am exploring a collaboration with a network security expert. We are exploring the possibilities to facilitate safe internet access for children. We are working on a system that allows the parents to short list the sites that can be visited by their children. In addition we have made a portal with safe kids sites. This site can be fed with suggestions by parents. Parents can too add sites to their local config. Browsing to a site that is not allowed displays a kids friendly no access message. The whole setup can be made per user on a PC so  only internet access is restricted for a specific user on the PC and not e.g. for your own personal account. I am quite excited about this product and I hope that this project will be a success.
The name of the product: InterNanny.

« Last Edit: 02.04.06 at 21:33:05 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: InterNanny: Safe internet for children
Reply #1 - 23.10.07 at 14:10:54

We trialled the InterNanny product for a year and now decided to discontinue it.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1