Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Force SQL*XL to use the local help (Read 3725 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Force SQL*XL to use the local help
15.02.06 at 15:28:47

Noel from Danemark asked the following question.

Question:
I am working on a PC with very intermittent broadband internet. Clicking the Help button displays the online help facility but that sometimes takes some time to load with my bad internet connection. There is local help available as well. How can I load the local help instead of going online each time?

Answer:
SQL*XL has a program setting to set the source for the help system. Note that the online help is constantly updated so it is best to look at that if you can.

In SQL*XL go to prefereces and then to Program Preferences.
In the General section there is an item called Help System. You can set the value to Online or Local

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Force SQL*XL to use the local help
Reply #1 - 21.04.06 at 11:04:26

Sten-Olf from Sweden asked a related question:

Question:
I run SQL*XL on a local LAN and don't have access to the WWW so I can look at the help. Can I download it in any way.

Answer:
The local help file sqlxl.chm is already on your PC. You can double click to start it.  

Refer to the previous message to configure SQL*XL to use this local version as standard.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1