Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Create Excel output from Oracle Forms (Read 5937 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Create Excel output from Oracle Forms
13.02.06 at 09:54:16

R. S. Bisht from India asked the following question:

Question:
I am looking for a solution where I can generate output in Excel format from my Oracle Forms.

Answer:
Please have a look at litXLS our software component to create Excel XLS files without the need to have Excel installed. litXLS creates the XLS workbook file completely from scratch. This new binary file can then be read in by Excel.

litXLS is an ActiveX dll and you can interact with it through your OLE2 Forms PL/SQL library.

If you want to show the created new worksheet to the user you can use simply start the .xls file in Excel. I am sure there is a way to do this from Oracle Forms as well. Your users will not see that litXLS actually creates the file on disk first. Excel just opens with the newly created workbook file.

See also:
If you are displaying Forms in a browser you need to look at OLE in Java. This technical paper should contain the information to get started.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/pdf/ClientSideOLE.pdf

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1