Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Re: Macro Recording (Read 3008 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Macro Recording
09.02.06 at 10:57:00
Security is a bit complex. I will try to explain as I understand it.
Executing macros in Excel is considered a security risk by Microsoft. That is where macro security comes in.
Through Tools | Macros | Security you can set the security level
SQL*XL has a so called digital signature: a digital certificate. This will give you the trust that the software is made by me: Linker IT Software BV.
Trust works through a hierarchy. Basically you need to trust Thawte first ( By installing their Code Signing Certificate you indicate you do trust them. Most windows PCs will get these certificates installed as standard however in some cases they are not yet installed. That is why I provide it.
Then any certificate issued by Thawte can also be trusted. I have purchased my digital certificate from Thawte. By installing their certificate you can then say you trust my certificate too.
From then on there is no further security issue. You have indicated you trust me (Linker IT Software BV) as a source of the macro.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1