Linker IT Software
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Macro Recording (Read 4213 times)
YaBB Newbies

Macro Recording
08.02.06 at 09:56:33
Dear Gerrit-Jan
Thanks for the great software which the class participants really enjoy working with SQL*XL. However, a couple of problems crops up during the stage of recording macro - no macro can be captured - although macro security level has been set to low and SQLXL macro recording set to enabled. I have no problem recording on my home machine and able to prove that it works and I do not have an annoying startup notice of the need to enabled the project before recording ::). Your input will help me and the rest of the course participants who will be reading the post to overcome this setback.
« Last Edit: 07.06.07 at 09:10:32 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  
Email   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Macro Recording
Reply #1 - 08.02.06 at 10:02:39
Check whether macro recording support is enabled in SQL*XL. See the Program Settings. I believe the setting is in the General section.  
I have not heard about the macro recorder not working if it is enabled in SQL*XL. Errors may happen when SQL*XL has no access to the so called Visual Basic Projects. It is important you accept the digital signature on the SQL*XL addin. In Excel's security screen: Tools | Macros | Security you can also specify whether SQL*XL has access to the Visual Basic Projects.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1