Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Installation on CITRIX (Read 3620 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Installation on CITRIX
11.01.06 at 16:19:31

Damian from the UK asked the following question:

Question:
Is SQL*XL4 supported on CITRIX? If so, how do I install it correctly in CITRIX?

Answer:
Yes, SQL*XL works fine on CITRIX.
I suggest you install SQL*XL in CITRIX to deploy the necessary dlls etc. When you make SQL*XL available to an end user, deploy the following files to the end-user's private directories: sqlxl.xla and sqlxl_settings.xls. Both files need to be kept in the same directory.  
When you publish a shortcut to the application, make a shortcut to sqlxl.xla.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Installation on CITRIX
Reply #1 - 02.11.06 at 07:54:45

I noticed that you can also install SQL*XL locally on CITRIX. Or you can use this technique to deploy SQL*XL without running the installer.  

Open the litsqlxl.CAB file and extract all files. Manually register all dlls that start with lit. An easy way to do this is from the command prompt. Run the following commands:
dir /b lit*.dll > dir.txt

This creates a text file with the names of the dlls in the directory. For each line add: regsvr32 so you end up with a script running regsvr32 for each dll.

Rename the dir.txt file to dir.bat and run it by double clicking on it. This will register the SQL*XL dlls.

After registration the software can be used. Double click sqlxl.xla to create the menu and toolbar in Excel. From now on, the SQL*XL menu and toolbar will remain in Excel so you can just open Excel and click the toolbar when you like to use SQL*XL.

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Pages: 1