Linker IT Software
Google
Web www.oraxcel.com
menubar-top-links menubar-top-rechts
Home Help Search Login
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
SQL*XL: Database to Excel bridge litLIB: Excel power functions pack ExcelLock: Locking and securing your valuable Excel spreadsheets encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe encOffice: Protect your Excel file easy and safe
Pages: 1
Security warning. Enable macros is disabled (Read 9595 times)
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Security warning. Enable macros is disabled
07.12.05 at 11:04:16

Hafees from Quatar asked this question:

Question:
When I start SQL*XL MS Excel opens up with a secuirty warning. I cannot choose to Enable the Macros as the button is disabled. I didn't get the screen where I could enter the activation key.

Answer:
This is a problem with Excel's macro security. You have set Excel's macro security to High. Please set it to Medium first. Then tick the box to always trust macros from Linker IT Software BV - my company name. Then you can set the security back to high.

To change the Excel macro security level please go to Tools | Options | Security | Macro Security

If changing the security level does not help it may be that your administrators have setup System Policy or Group Policy. These are groups of registry settings you as the user cannot change. If the security was set to high you cannot change it to something else. See your administrator if you have problems.

See also:

« Last Edit: 07.12.05 at 11:20:26 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Email WWW Gerrit-Jan Linker   IP Logged
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Security warning. Enable macros is disabled
Reply #1 - 20.01.06 at 15:29:23

Thought it may be useful to see with screen prints how this looks.
This is what I get in Excel 2003.

Note that the Enable Macros button is disabled. You need to install the Thawte Root Certificate to get around this. It is also installed with SQL*XL. Please use the shortcut provided in the SQL*XL program group in your start menu.
« Last Edit: 20.01.06 at 15:31:59 by Gerrit-Jan Linker »  

security_warning.GIF

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Gerrit-Jan Linker
YaBB Administrator

Re: Security warning. Enable macros is disabled
Reply #2 - 20.01.06 at 15:36:35

When you have installed the Thawte Root Certificate, the checkbox "Always trust macros from this publisher" is enabled. When you have ticked the checkbox you will also get the "Enable Macros" button enabled. With lower macro security levels you will be able to enable the macros without checking the checkbox.

The easiest is if you can check the checkbox to always trust macros from my company.

security_warning2.gif

Gerrit-Jan Linker
Linker IT Software
Pages: 1